chicago music store
The Chicago Store, known as “The Queen of Congress” and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is an integral part of downtown Tucson’s renaissance. Since its construction in 1903, the building has been used to sell everything from animal feed and ammunition to automotive parts and furniture. Thanks in part to a grant from the Tohono O’odam Nation, the City of Tucson’s Downtown Partnership, and the owners, a complete restoration of the building’s facades was performed. The work included restoring intricately detailed glass transoms and Sullivan-esque columns that had once been covered over by street signs.